Blues Pinoy is a site for the promotion of Blues music in the Philippines, providing insights, tips, articles, instructional materials, as well as music and videos by Blues artists and bands.
Blues Backing Track in E
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
It's time for another serious jam, this time with an SRV-ish backing track. I find it just the right speed, not too slow or fast. Great for Blues harp! (Use an A harp for this one).
"The Crossroads with Capt. Eddie @ NU 107.5 is sad because, unfortunately, the curtains will fall on The Crossroads after 14 years and 6 months (752 shows) of the best blues and classic rock at NU107..." (see more) ...and it had to happen on an "All Soul's Day!" This is a big (low) blow for the Philippine Blues scene, more so since there currently is a significant resurgence of interest on this particular genre, and it's a fact that "The Crossroads" is a major contributing factor to this. I do hope that NU107 reconsiders their decision to discontinue the program. The Blues may be unpopular here in our country (and not a big money-maker as well) but, hey, it's THE BLUES! It's where every other major music genre came from. As the great Willie Dixon has said, "The Blues is the roots, everything else is the fruits." No Blues = No rock = No NU107. OK, I guess "The Crossroads" doesn't make much dough for the compa...
After several decades of dormancy, the Blues seed planted by our 'fathers' has now germinated. Presenting, the Philippine Blues Society (P.B.S.) -- the best thing that ever happened to Pinoy Blues!!! Alongside is the creation of the official PBS website , which can be accessed HERE . I'll be spending most of my blogging hours maintaining this new site and so I'll be temporarily signing off from Blues Pinoy -- but I'll still be doing updates once in a while. SUPPORT PINOY BLUES!!! Visit http://philippinebluessociety.com !!!
One the latest additions to the Pinoy Blues force is Paul Marney Leobrera. The Pinoy Blues greats only have kind and appreciative words for him and rightly so. Here he exhibits to us his Blues guitar prowess. Just shows that you're never too young to be a Bluesman!
Comments
Post a Comment