Muddy Waters

Monday, January 25, 2010


“The blues is in my blood, you know? I can’t play, can’t sing nothin’ else. And I don’t want to, cause the blues is for me. It’s like a shoe,... you take a number seven shoe you sure can’t wear a size four. You wear the one that fits. The blues fit me.” (Muddy Waters in “Jazz Monthly”, Jan 1959. Quoted in “Blues Off The Record”. Ibid. p.261.)

From Wikipedia:

McKinley Morganfield (April 4, 1913 – April 30, 1983), known as Muddy Waters, was an American blues musician, generally considered "the Father of Chicago blues". He is also the actual father of blues musicians Big Bill Morganfield and Larry "Mud Morganfield" Williams. A major inspiration for the British blues explosion in the 1960s, Muddy was ranked #17 in Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blues rules!!!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP